July 15, 2013
Mortgage Choice is proud to announce the winners of its 2013 achievement awards. The company's top performers in its mortgage broking and financial planning franchise networks were revealed last week at the Mortgage Choice National Conference, held in Alice Springs.
The annual awards included the company's Business Excellence Awards, Team Awards, Business Driver Awards and the prestigious High Flyer accolade. A new addition to the reward and recognition program this year is the inclusion of the Mortgage Choice Financial Planning Rising Star of the Year award.
Speaking about the reward and recognition program, Mortgage Choice CEO Michael Russell said, “Each year we look forward to our National Conference, where we have the opportunity to recognise the achievements of our top-performing established franchisees and celebrate the accomplishments of our newcomers.”
“I'm pleased to announce that this year's event marked the inaugural inclusion of Mortgage Choice Financial Planning to our reward and recognition program, allowing us to acknowledge the success stories of our newly-inducted financial advisers.
“All of our Business Excellence Award, Team Award and Business Driver Award winners and High Flyers have worked extremely hard to get to where they are today, and work to our mantra of ‘customers first', ‘yes we can' and ‘today not tomorrow'.
“Recognising franchise owners who go above and beyond, we also welcomed esteemed franchise owner, Tony Schelling from the Northern Territory into our Hall of Fame. Tony joins former inductee Wendy Higgins from South Australia, as the only Hall of Fame members in Mortgage Choice's 20 year history.”
Mortgage Choice's top performers include:
2013 Business Excellence Awards
Recognises mortgage broking franchisees who display excellence in a range of business behaviours. Winners:
- Multi Operator of the Year – Richard Crommelin, Dennis Aplin and Michelle Towner (WA)
- Single Operator of the Year – Belinda Sugars (SA)
- Rising Star of the Year – Leteisha Pileggi (WA)
Mortgage Choice Financial Planning 2013 Business Excellence Awards
Recognises financial advisers who display excellence in a range of business behaviours. Winners:
- Financial Planning Rising Star of the Year – Fairien Azeem (NSW)
2013 Team Awards
Recognises the positive behaviours and contributions mortgage broking franchisees and their staff make to the business and to the wider Mortgage Choice community. Winners:
- Contribution to the System – Ruth Harding (WA)
- Administrative/Support Staff of the Year – Luke Mackness (QLD)
- Loan Writer of the Year – Colin Mason (QLD)
2013 Business Driver Awards
Recognises mortgage broking franchises with the greatest percentage improvement across settlements, group office and lender lead conversion and diversified cross-sell on the prior year. Winners:
- Diversified Cross Sell – Bianca Long (NSW)
- Group Office Lead Conversion – Ralph Delaat (NSW)
- CEO/GM Award – Rob Lees (NSW)
2013 High Flyers
Recognises the leading mortgage broking performers in terms of the value and volume of loans issued during the 2012-13 financial year. Winners:
- Chris and Letitia Vitale (QLD)
- Richard Crommelin, Dennis Aplin and Michelle Towner (WA)
- Wendy Higgins (SA)
- Ashley Koenig, Stephen Zamykal and Cameron Price (VIC)
- Anthony Smith (VIC)
- Andrew Sawyer (WA)
- James Hasselle and Antony Muir (QLD)
- Leeanne Scott and Alan Heath (NSW)
- Linda Ireland (QLD)
- Peter and Denise Phillips (QLD)
- Deslie Taylor (QLD)
- Bart Tonna (NSW)
- Leteisha Pileggi (WA)
- Andrew and Tracey Heath (NSW)
- Adam Bourke (QLD)
- Darren Comerford (QLD)
- Jamie Christie, Scott Bament and Chris Cooke (SA)
- Peta and John Short (QLD)
- Tony and Julie Schelling (NT)
- David Thurmond (VIC)
Hall of Fame
Recognises business excellence, tenure, industry recognition and overall contribution to Mortgage Choice. Inductee:
- Hall of Fame inductee – Tony Schelling (NT)
The Mortgage Choice National Conference is a three-day professional development and networking event consisting of workshops, keynote speakers, executive panel discussions, business messaging, a supplier exhibition, plus themed evening events.
The conference plays a pivotal role in our network's professional development program, and it is a much-anticipated networking event for franchisees, support staff, sponsors and suppliers.
For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Mortgage Choice Corporate Affairs
(02) 8907 0502 / 0448 240 047
(02) 9018 8603 / 0412 550 004
This article is for general information purposes only. It has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should, before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances.