August 10, 2015
In the current market, properties can sell quickly and, if you’re not organised, you could miss out on your dream home.
Here’s 7 tips to help you buy quickly.
- Arrange pre-approval on finance and have your solicitor and building/pest inspectors ready to go.
- Create a list of non-negotiable features and stick to it. This will help you quickly sort through new listings and schedule your inspections.
- Attend the first inspection, which might be midweek.
- Contact local agencies to have your contact details put on their buyer databases and build a relationship with the top selling agents.
- Make a good, solid first offer to get the ball rolling. Don’t waste time with low offers.
- If the property is scheduled for auction, start negotiations before auction date.
- Show your commitment by putting your offer in writing and telling them your finance has been pre-approved. You can even sign the contract and attach a deposit cheque. The agent can’t bank the cheque until the vendor has exchanged contracts with you.
Good luck! And please contact us to arrange your pre-approval.