December 11, 2015
Whilst the weather is heating up, the sun is shining and people are getting ready for Christmas celebrations, there are a few things you need to remember if you want to buy property:
- Do your research. See what's out there, how long properties are sitting on the market before they're sold and what the average price is for the type of property you're looking for.
- Talk to local agents. Let them know your intentions. They're usually hungry for a sale at this time of year and eager to help motivated buyers.
- There are motivated sellers waiting for you. They may need to sell their property to fund their recent purchase or it might just be time for them to sell - whatever their reasons are, they don't go away just because it's Christmas.
- Have your finance ready to go. If someone is keen to sell and you have your finance all lined up, you often have better negotiating power because you can act now.
- Keep your eye on the prize. If you don't find the property that ticks all your boxes before Christmas, keep looking in January. Things don't really pick up until February - so you can still get ahead of your competitors if you stay focussed.
We'll be working through the holidays, but the lenders often cut back to skeleton staff, so please call or email to discuss your plans. We're happy to help your home ownership dreams come true.
07 3366 8604