July 23, 2014
I often hear complaints from my clients who reside, own, or work in a unit/apartment/office complex, regarding the poor and ineffective service provided by their Body Corporate/Owners Corporation manager.
This month I have asked Mark and Brigitte Elliott from Iconic Strata Management to provide an overview of the services a good Body Corporate manager should be providing. Mark and Brigitte operate a first class boutique strata management operation and I would encourage you to make contact (detals below) should your managers not be providing the below serivces.
For those of you property owners who live or work in property that’s part of an owners corporation and have suffered through ineffective management of the common property and have, along with other lot owners, decided it’s time for a change, then read on.
Understandably, because of your recent bad experiences, you are likely to be apprehensive about selecting your new manager; what if you end up with more of the same?
A structured and unemotional approach to the selection process is a great place to start. Consider all the things that your current manager doesn’t do and use these to start your list of key “must haves”.
Here’s a few worth considering for your list;
- Experience – in particular the experience of the manager who will manage your Owners Corporation
- Size - and bigger isn’t always better!
- Understanding of the relevant legislation – really important when disputes arise
- Service levels – example, responding to phone messages and emails, and maintenance issues
- Reporting - financials
- Management software
- Security and integrity of your owners corporations data
- Price, what’s included and, more importantly, what’s not included
- Current portfolio under management – are some of these similar to your property?
- Value added services - i.e. an owners web portal
At Iconic Strata Management we are smaller than some, but doing big things for our clients. Our approach is different; for starters, Owners Corporation Management is about people and we understand that owners value their property and want the best possible service from their Owners Corporation. And that’s the strength of the Iconic Strata management team.
For Owners Corporations committees, Iconic Strata Management offer a simple set of tools and technologies to make the running of your property as simple as possible. Our management philosophy is always to deliver the unexpected for our valued clients, to make their strata experience relaxed and stress free.
An example of this is the excellent MyCommunity Web Portal available to owners and owner corporation committee members. Features of the protal include :
- View detailed levy statements
- · Pay levies via Post Billpay
- · Property financial summary including fund balance and overdue levies
- · Committee contacts
- · Insurance cover details
- · View OC documents including AGM minutes, budget, rules and maintenance updates
- · Lodge requests with the manager such as ordering keys/swipe cards, maintenance issues, report disturbances etc.
- · A community wall which is like a mini Facebook for lot owners only to communicate with each other
They do say size matters, and it’s because Iconic are a boutique management company that they can offer the agility, flexibility and innovation simply not possible with larger Owners Corporations Managers.
In fact, we are so confident we can meet and exceed your expectations that, if we fail to deliver a minimum performance level of 98% against agreed performance criteria, we will rebate back to your property administration fund 20% of the management fee charged for the year.
If you are looking for the very best in Owners Corporation manager and for more information visit www.iconicstrata.com.au or call Mark or Brigitte on (03) 9982-1300.