June 22, 2017
Are you looking to get a great deal on a car purchase?
June is one of the best times to buy a car as dealers are keen to end the financial year on a high note. Here are some clever tips to see you score a good deal.
How to bargain for a better deal during EOFY
- Start with a phone call: A telephone quote will often beat a quote you're given in the showroom. Plus, it's easier to resist being swayed by emotion when you aren't looking straight at the car you love!
- Terms and conditions: To ensure you get a good deal, be sure to read through the fine print on the car advertisement to ensure the car you are buying is the right car for you.
- Have a price in mind: Make sure you do your homework before you step into the showroom. Importantly, know how much the car is worth and what you're willing to pay for it.
- Time your visit: Dealers think more about their sales targets at the end of the month, so it's worth timing your purchase to match. Another trick is visiting the car yards during bad weather while other customers stay indoors.
- Get pre-approval first: Having your finance sorted will put you in a better bargaining position. Salespeople will tend to steer you in the direction of their own in-house finance, but beware of hidden fees and charges and payment terms which might not suit your needs.
We can help you find your new car
Our car buying service will help you find the vehicle you want, searching through dealerships right across Australia. As we source hundreds of cars each month, you can take advantage of our volume buying power to find your new car at a competitive price.
Rather than having to negotiate individually with each dealer, you’ll have access to hundreds of dealers, all competing against each other for your business.
Ready to buy? We've got your finance sorted
You owe it to yourself to spend your dollar in the smartest way possible, and at Mortgage Choice, we give you access to a wide choice of competitively priced car loans, plus plenty of help choosing the loan that's right for your needs.