Investments properties in Balmain, Annandale & Inner West investment
Start your home loan journey today
Investing in property | Leichhardt, Balmain and Annandale
Investing isn't for the faint-hearted, but it might be easier than you think to become a successful property investor - there are still great investment property options available around Balmain, Annandale and the Inner West.
The key to a successful investment strategy is planning. Owning a rental property can be a considerable financial commitment and you can expect to achieve the best results if you make sure you're receiving the best advice. This is where our Inner West mortgage broker team in Leichhardt can help.
Our team will ensure you're across the 'need to knows' of investing in Sydney's Inner West, and our top-rated mortgage broker Angela Hanly will have a look at your current financial position to ensure that you're well-placed to afford your investment property over the long-term.
Five key steps you can follow for property investment
- Buy in the right location. As investors, it is imperative you buy a property that has strong tenant demand good capital growth potential. To find out whether or not a suburb has good growth potential and strong tenant demand, it is imperative to do your research.
- By researching the population growth, average rental income and vacancy rates in the areas that appeal to you, you will be better placed to make a more successful investment decision.
- Ensure the property is close to things like public transport, restaurants, cafes and educational institutions. The fact is, tenants, love to be close to the action, so it is important to make sure your investment property is as well.
- Make sure your finances are in order before finalising any property purchase. While you may have been pre-approved for finance earlier in the year, recent changes to investment lending policy and pricing may affect your ability to finalise your finances come settlement. Remember to keep your finance strategy front of mind and double-check any financial advice you’ve received before placing an offer on a property.
- Keep your eyes peeled for any maintenance or renovations a property requires. If you know your property may require simple renovations or repairs down the track, you can start planning for them now.
Discover how much equity you may have access to
If you own property already, we'll investigate if you could refinance and tap into the equity in your home to finance your new investment property. Let Angela Hanly - Mortgage Choice Broker, do the calculations to discover how much equity you may have access to.
Equity is the difference between your home’s market value and the balance of your home loan. So, if your property is worth $500,000, and the balance of your mortgage is $200,000, you may have $300,000 in home equity. Some lenders will let you use this equity as a deposit on an investment property in place of cash savings.
Want more information?
If you would like to do some of your own research first, make sure you check out our home loan resources below! Our free e-guides address some of the most common questions people ask.
Contact our team at Mortgage Choice in Leichhardt today - call Angela Hanly on 0481 979 189 to discuss your options.
We can also help you with:
- Mortgage Brokers Leichhardt
- Mortgage Brokers Balmain
- Mortgage Brokers Annandale
- Home Loans
- Personal Loans
- Car Loans
The right home loan for your property investment
Our mission is to find the right home loan for your individual needs and to always have your best interests at heart. Plain and simple. Which is why we have such a wide range of lenders to choose from. We can search through hundreds of products to find something tailored to your situation. ~