May 08, 2017
At Mortgage Choice in Kingsley we like to keep you informed, and we like to make that information as easy as possible for you to understand and access. With that in mind, we have created Tim Kerin on the Couch.
In this episode, Tim talks about the current market, including:
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) recommendations regarding limiting investment lending to try to slow the growth of lenders investment debt portfolios and how lenders have been responding.
- Subsequent announcements that APRA recommends keeping Australia’s interest only around 30% of total home loan lending, and at the moment it is sitting around 40%. This has generally seen lenders putting up their interest only rates.
- Predictions on how the market is going to continue to change in the next 12 months.
So, without further ado here is the inaugural episode of Tim Kerin on the Couch, with our broker Tim.
One thing is clear, and that is the necessity of having an experienced broker to help you navigate the current market.
We’d love to hear what you think of the first episode of Tim Kerin on the Couch! Let us know - is there a topic you would like Tim to cover? Is there a guest you would like to see join Tim on the Couch? What question would you like to see answered?
Can't wait for another episode of Tim Kerin on the Couch? Well click here for Episode 2 - Stay or Move?
Here are some of our other blogs that you may be interested in checking out:
• Is Negative Gearing a good idea?
• Offset Accounts and how to master them
• First Home Owner Grant changes - how do they affect me?
• Buy where you can afford, rent where you want to live...
Why not be social and connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube? We'll keep you up to date with industry news, relevant articles and things that we think you'll find interesting! If there's something specific you'd like to see featured then don't hesitate to let us know.