Solution finder
It all starts with a goal, what's yours? Sort out my insurance and and I have questions about types of insurances


General Insurance FAQs

Comprehensive Car Insurance covers any damage to your vehicle, as well as the loss of your vehicle or property, or any damage that you inflict on another person’s private property (vehicle).

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance insures you or any other driver of your vehicle against liability for death or injuries resulting from a motor vehicle accident for which you or the driver of your vehicle are at fault.

Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance provides cover or loss against someone else's property. 

If you are altering the security on your property you should inform your insurer as it may change the conditions of your home insurance. You may also be eligible for a discount.

Before commencing renovations it is important that you notify your insurer as it may affect the terms and conditions of your home insurance policy. It is important that you increase the amount you are insured for to reflect any extensions or renovations to make sure you are adequately covered in the event of a home insurance claim.

Yes, it is important that your insurer is informed of any change in the use of a premise.

It depends on your policy and insurance provider, so be sure to read your PDS before signing up.

Accidental Damage covers unintentional mishaps around your home.

Portable Contents cover is an option that you can choose that covers personal items both inside your home and outside your home.

Fusion is the burning out of electric motor or its wiring caused by the electric current in it. You can cover your electric motors for fusion for up to 15 years as part of your home insurance.

Landlord insurance protects the owners of tenanted spaces such as an office, retail space or investment property. It is worth purchasing coverage as it can protect your property from unintentional or deliberate damage by tenants.

If you have other assets - equipment, a business, a car etc, it might be worth investigating your insurance options.

Strata insurance only covers common property and structures, you should also consider contents insurance.

Personal Insurance FAQs

Mortgage Choice offers life insurance, mortgage protection insurance, income protection insurance, car insurance, home building and contents insurance, lenders mortgage insurance, and landlord insurance.

Insurance is a great way to manage the risks associated with unforeseen circumstances and disasters. By insuring yourself and your assets, you can protect you and your family from financial problems and stress should an unexpected event occur.

You can insure most things, but what options you choose will vary on your unique set of needs and circumstances. To work out what insurance products are right for you, make sure you speak to your Mortgage Choice mortgage broker and financial adviser.

As a general rule of thumb, it is a good idea to review your insurance needs as soon as you purchase an asset (property, vehicle, business etc) or have a change in circumstances (new job, get married, have a child etc).

When it comes to taking out insurance, it is important that you do not delay the process. The sooner you insure yourself, your family and your assets, the quicker you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are protected should unforeseen circumstances arise.

You may not realise it, but your super may offer you some level of life insurance as well as other insurance cover. As such, if you try to organise all your insurances yourself, you may find that you double up in some areas. For this reason, it is important that you deal with a professional. At Mortgage Choice, our financial advisers are on hand to advise you as to the best insurance products for your needs.

A financial adviser can assess your life stage as well as your current and future needs, and based on this, recommend what insurances you should consider.

Insurance costs will vary depending on what type of insurances you have, the product and the insurer.  

You can pay for your insurance via mail, in person, over the phone, or direct debit. In addition, some of your insurance costs may be paid through your superannuation. Speak to your financial adviser for more information.

Talk to your local broker today

Things can change quickly in the market.

Subscribe and stay informed with news, rates and industry insights.