Free Home Loan Health Check
A free Home Loan Health Check can help work out if your loan is still right for you, or if you could benefit from lower rates or different loan options.
Potential reasons to refinance:
You've heard about the June 2019 and July 2019 cash rate drops, but how much of the saving has your lender passed through?
- Do you know what your current interest rate is?
- How does it compare to other lenders on the market?
- Owner occupied variable rates are typically between 3.0% - 3.5%, with fixed rates even starting with 2.99%.
- If your rate is higher than 4.0% or you are reaching the end of your interest-only term, it's also time we had a chat.
How much will it cost to switch banks?
Typically it costs between $1,000 to $1,500 to refinance, and this includes fees from your outgoing lender (exit fees), new lender (application or settlement fees), and government charges for transfer of the mortgage.
Things to watch for are if you're on a fixed rate mortgage, there could be 'break costs' for leaving before the end of term and these can be anything from a few hundred to tens of thousands.
The value of a good mortgage broker
Honesty is the best policy! My job is to help you understand what you've got, what your options are and the life-of-the-loan costs to you. That's right. I'm not here to just talk about headline interest rates. We deep-dive into upfront and ongoing fees, comparison rates and repayments, how long it takes you to make back the costs of switching and life-of-the-loan savings by increasing your minimum monthly repayment.
Ultimately, it's my goal to help you get out of debt, not just into debt!
Speak with us if you are:
- looking for peace of mind that you're home loan is still right for you;
- coming to the end of a fixed rate term;
- aiming to pay off your home sooner;
- looking to reduce or lock in your repayments;
- planning renovations; or
- considering buying an investment property
Book an Appointment Online or call Jo on 0412 534 805