What is refinancing?
Jo Duncan, your local Mortgage Choice expert for Indooroopilly, Toowong and Kenmore can help you feel confident that you are not paying too much for your mortgage.
We get it. Sorting through your budget regularly and ringing around for discounts on your insurances is no-ones favourite job. It is much easier to let your mortgage just sit there as an on-going expense that you set and forget. Let's face it, we know that we'll be paying for it at least 15 to 30 years.
But what if you had a mortgage advisor that understands your financial goals and tracks industry-wide interest rates daily? A trusted advisor that proactively helps you stay on track to pay off your mortgage?
When should I refinance?
- Have you reviewed your mortgage in the last twelve months?
- How do you know if your mortgage is still the best fit for you?
- Could you be paying less for your mortgage or paying the debt off faster?
If you are not regularly seeking professional advice on your mortgage, you could be missing out. Even if there is no change to your personal or financial position, regular mortgage health checks are a smart thing to do.
Remember it is not always just about the interest rate. As our lives change, so do your financial priorities. Some of the reasons why you might consider refinancing are:
- secure a lower rate
- more certainty with a fixed rate
- financial hardship from COVID-19
- the end of a fixed rate or interest-only term
- switch to a different lender
- access equity in your home
- consolidate debt
- restructure your assets
- seperation and divorce
- revert to a more 'basic' loan with fewer features
- improving your loan features
At Mortgage Choice, your local broker Jo Duncan is invested in helping you for life with your mortgage. No matter what life throws at you, we're here to help.