Buying your first home QLD | Mortgage Broker Geebung
One of the first steps to buying your first home is figuring out how much you can borrow so you can be confident when it comes to submitting your offer.
If you haven’t found the right property yet, we can help you organise pre-approval so you can shop around for your new home with confidence knowing exactly what you can afford. Learn more about home loan pre-approval in our short video below!
What is home loan pre-approval?
If you're just starting your property research, you may find out property guide for first home buyers extremely helpful. You can download a free copy here. It's packed full of information about the process, the pros and cons and breaks down any financial jargon.
First Home Owners Grant in Queensland
Learn more about the First Home Owners Grant in QLD from our team of mortgage brokers in Geebung.
As a first home buyer in Queensland, you could be entitled to the $15,000 First Home Owner Grant. To be eligible for the FHOG QLD, you need to buy a brand new home or build a home from scratch. The value of your first home including the land must be below $750,000.
The good news is, FHOG in QLD is available if you buy off the plan, but you may also be eligible for the First Home Owners Grant if you buy an established home that’s been substantially renovated. As a guide, substantial renovations include replacing or altering foundations or replacing or altering floors.
First Home Owners Grant QLD eligibility
To be eligible for the FHOG in QLD, you’ll need to meet a number of conditions:
- You need to be a natural person (not a company or trust) aged 18 years or older.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
- You need to be a permanent resident or Australia citizen.
- You or your spouse must not have previously received a First Home Owner Grant in Australia.
- You must not have previously owned property in Australia that you lived in.
- You may still be eligible for the First Home Owner Grant in Queensland if you have owned an investment property as long as you haven’t lived in it.
In addition, you’ll need to live in your first home for at least six months within a year of becoming the owner.
If you would like to apply for the First Home Owners grant, please book your free appointment here or call our office on 07 3833 9666.
We can help you with
- Home loans
- Investment loans QLD
- Refinancing your home
- Business Loans QLD
- Financial planning
- Car loans
- Home Loan Calculators
- Property Guides