Refinance your home loan and save
Talk to your local Glenelg home loan experts to see if your could save thousands off your home loan.
A better deal, a fresh start, a chance to achieve new goals. At Mortgage Choice in Glenelg we understand that life changes, whether it's a growing family, a new job, or maybe just a change of pace.
No matter how your life has changed, it's essential that your loan continues to meet your needs. Even if you've had your current home loan for only a couple of years, it's possible you could take advantage of different loan features or even secure a lower rate.
Our free Home Loan Health Check is an easy and smart option. We'll evaluate and compare your loan with hundreds of others by taking into account rates, fees and features to make sure you have the loan that's right for you.
What is refinancing?
Refinancing lets you change your home loan to suit your new circumstances. At Mortgage Choice in Glenelg we recommend an annual Home Loan Health Check by one of our home loan experts to assess whether the original home loan you chose is still the most suitable option for you.
Refinancing can be a smart way to manage your money.
Here are a few ways in which you may benefit from refinancing.
- Peace of mind - a fixed rate can mean knowing what your repayments will be each month
- Reduce your monthly repayments through access to a lower interest rate
- Potential to pay off your loan faster through more flexibility
- Reduce your monthly repayments overall by consolidating credit cards, personal loans or other debts into a lower rate loan
- Free up some extra cash to finance a renovation or purchase an investment property by unlocking equity in your current property
Home loan refinancing may be used for different reasons including:
- Renovating your home or other home improvements such as a pool.
- Paying off your debts such as credit cards by rolling them into your home loan.
- Obtaining a cheaper rate, even if it means giving up a few loan features.
- To raise cash for a purchase such as a car.
- You want to switch from a variable rate to a fixed rate, perhaps because you can want to reduce the risk of higher repayments.
As your local Glenelg home loan expert, we can step you through the process and work out how much equity you have to help you with making a decision.
Should I refinance to get a better interest rate?
When the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) raises its interest rates, banks and other lenders usually follow suit by increasing your mortgage repayments. Refinancing your home loan from a variable to a fixed rate can provide certainty with your repayments.
One of our expert Mortgage Brokers can perform a free Home Loan Health Check to see if your current home loan is still the most suitable option for you after an interest rate rise.
We’re here to help you
Talk to your local Glenelg home loan experts if you are:
- thinking about topping up your home loan;
- coming to the end of a fixed rate term;
- aiming to pay off your home sooner;
- looking to reduce or lock in your repayments;
- planning renovations; or
- considering buying an investment property.
We will help you assess all your refinancing options to see if we can find you a deal that works for you and what you want to do with your money. We'll be here for you at every stage of the process.