March 20, 2017
Choosing a home loan is not just about interest rates. Fees and features can also make a significant financial difference so it’s important to take them into consideration.
Questions to ask yourself when choosing a loan
When answering the questions, think ahead, not just to next year but also to 5 or even 10 years down the track.
- Do I want to pay the loan off as quickly as possible or am I happy to see out the term of the loan?
- Am I good at sticking to a budget or am I a spendthrift?
- Do I want certainty in the amount of my loan repayments or am I happy for them to move with interest rate changes?
- Am I likely to want to draw back some of my repayments in the future for spending on holidays, cars, furniture?
- If I’m planning to have children, how will this affect my or my partner's work situation?
- How secure is my employment or work situation?
- For existing children, have I budgeted for school fees and other expenses that are likely to come up in the future?
- Am I likely to receive some form of cash windfall or bonus at any stage?
Knowing the answers to these questions can focus you on the home loans that will suit your needs.
Speak to us today to compare hundreds of loan options and understand what makes a particular home loan right for you.