Your credit report is a valuable asset
Did you know that each time you apply for a loan or other finance, a lender will look at your personal credit report?
In recent years, we have seen some important changes introduced that impact your credit report; changes that could make it easier to secure a loan or other finance in the future, or it could possibly make it more difficult to do so.
That's why it's very important to keep your credit report in great shape, even if you have no upcoming plans to apply for a loan or other credit.
If you maintain a strong credit report, it makes you an attractive candidate to lenders and increases your chances of securing competitively priced loans from mainstream lenders.
Here are 6 simple steps that can mean avoiding black marks on your credit report:
- Set up automatic direct debits for loan and credit card repayments
- Schedule loan repayments for pay days
- Keep track of all your credit commitments
- Apply for a loan or credit only when you really need it
- Close credit card accounts that you don't use or need
- If you are likely to have trouble meeting loan repayments, contact your lender before the payment is due to request an extension of time or to renegotiate the payment terms. Don't just skip a payment!
Give me a call today at Mortgage Choice Perth on 9485 0090 - it could be the difference between securing loan approval or being knocked back on a home loan in the future.
Rebecca Wilson, Mortgage Broker
Learn more about how I can help you with your finances
Click here to watch our latest video blogs for more finance tips!