June 06, 2013
Where is Glendale? Back to Main
Glendale is a small suburb of Lake Macquarie, New South Wales, approximately 15km west of Newcastle’s CBD. Glendale is home to a mix of residential and commercial areas and the suburb is a base for approximately 94 businesses. The suburb borders Cameron Park, Elermore Vale, Argenton and Cardiff.
Shopping options Stockland Glendale, on Lake Road, is Glendale’s retail hub. Aldi, Coles, Kmart, Target, Woolworths, plus an 8-screen Event Cinemas are among the centre’s major drawcards, from a broad mix of 80 fashion, leisure, homewares and food stores. The centre is also known as Glendale Supa Centre.
Transport Cardiff is the closest railway station to Glendale. It’s 3.5km away on Main Rd, Cardiff. The station offers limited commuter parking spaces (approximately 30). Glendale is well serviced by buses, including Newcastle Buses & Ferries and Hunter Valley Buses.
Parks and reserves Local parks include:
Schools Schools in Glendale include:
- Glendale Technology High School
- Glendale East Public School
- Newcastle Rudolf Steiner School
- Macquarie College
- Cathy Lynne Pre-School
Entertainment and leisure
- Event Cinemas
- Glendale Hunter Sports Centre
- Cardiff Panthers
- Cardiff RSL Club
- Edgeworth Sport and Recreation Club
- Lake Macquarie Live Steam Locomotive Co-operative Society
- Newcastle Kart Racing Club
- Aromas at Glendale – Stockland Drive, Glendale
- Banjo’s Bakery Cafe – Lake Rd, Glendale
- Donut King – Lake Rd, Glendale
- Gloria Jean’s – Lake Rd, Glendale
- Michel’s Patisserie – Lake Rd, Glendale
- Muffin Break – Lake Rd, Glendale
Get fit Glendale is home to the Hunter Sports Centre, one of the state’s premier sporting venues. Programs offered include athletics (track and field), senior fitness classes, Kindergym (for kids aged 18 months to 5 years) and gymnastics (3.5 years to adult).
Sources: Australian Bureau of Statistics (Census 2006), Google Maps, http://www.hsc.org.au/about.php?id=80, Lake Macquarie City Council, Yellow Pages.