Where is Morisset? Back to Main
Morisset is a 26.6 square-kilometre suburb of Lake Macquarie, New South Wales, approximately 45km south-west of Newcastle’s CBD. Located between Watagans National Park and Lake Macquarie, Morisset is home to a mix of residential and commercial areas as well as around 120 businesses. Mandalong, Dora Creek, Wyee and Cooranbong are bordering suburbs.
Shopping options Morisset Square Shopping Centre on Yambo Rd is the suburb’s retail hob. Anchored by Coles, the centre is home to a broad mix of food, supermarket, fashion, homewares and discount department stores. Woolworths is located on Doyalson St, a 5-minute walk from Morisset railway station.
Transport Morisset railway station is located on Dora St, Morisset. The suburb is also well serviced by buses (Hunter Valley Buses, Rover Coaches and Busways). Population Morisset’s population is approximately 2,900 (2011 Census data).
Parks and reserves Local parks in Morisset
- Bernie Goodwin Memorial Park
- Morisset Park
- Dillwynia Bushland Reserve
- Olney State Forest
- Watagans National Park (27 km away)
Schools Schools in Morisset include
Entertainment and leisure
- Morisset Country Club and 18-hole golf course
- Morisset Peninsula Watagans
- National Park Cafes
- Ambrosia Café – Newcastle St
- Morisset Blue Bottle Café – Dora St
- Morisset Eden Café & Bookstore – Yambo St
- Morisset Havachat Café – Short St
- Morisset Luke’s Doughnuts – Yambo St
- Morisset Piccollo Espresso – Dora St
- Morisset Sarah-Jays – Yambo St
- Morisset Taste Café – Short St
Get outdoors Watagans National Park, on Mount Faulk Rd, Cooranbong, covers 7,751 hectares of mountain range. There are many well-defined walking trails including Gap Creek (20 minutes, medium to hard), Wishing Well (1.5 hours, medium grade) and Boarding House Dam (20 minutes - ungraded).
Sources: Australian Bureau of Statistics (Census 2011), Google Maps, http://www.hsc.org.au/about.php?id=80, Lake Macquarie City Council, www.TrueLocal.com.au, Yellow Pages, www.environment.nsw.gov.au