How to know if you’re eligible for a NSW First Home Owner’s Grant.
$10,000 can make a difference when purchasing your first home.
The NSW government have introduced the First Home Owner’s Grant Scheme, giving first home owners a chance to apply for $10,000 to assist with their purchase.
The property location for building or buying does not hinder you from being able to apply for this grant, but there are some requirements that need to be met before you can be eligible to apply.
Questions that you will be asked and will need to consider include:
- Is the home brand new?
- Are you over 18?
- Are you sure you or your spouse (including de facto spouse) have never held a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia prior to 1 July 2000?
(However, you may be eligible if you or your spouse, including de facto spouse, have only had a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia on or after 1 July 2000 and you have not resided in that property for a continuous period of at least 6 months.)
- Is the value of the property no more than the First Home Owner Grant Cap of $750,000?
- Is this the first time you will be receiving a first home owners grant in any State or Territory, unless subsequently repaid?
- Is at least one applicant intending to live in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months?
- Is at least one applicant a permanent resident or Australian citizen?
- Is each applicant a natural person and not a company or trust?
If you answered yes to these, and you’re looking at buying or building your first home, come in and see the Team at Mortgage Choice Northern Rivers and let us assist you in your application.