Top tips to maximise your tax refund.
"It's really important to know what you can claim and what you can't."
- Many property investors may be able to claim for agents’ fees, advertising, body corporate fees, capital expenses, building maintenance and repairs, cleaning, insurances, home loan fees and interest payments. Don’t forget council and water rates, plus the cost of travel to and from the property for inspections can also be claimed.
- “One aspect that property investors often overlook when lodging their tax return is depreciation deductions.
Part of good tax management involves making plans for the year ahead:
- Formalising salary sacrifice super arrangements
- Examine/Review your asset structure
- Use your tax return to your advantage
“It is important to remember that everyone’s situation is different, so consult with the experts to ensure your finances are on track to help you achieve your goals."
To find out more - contact us at Suite 2, 10-12 High St Wodonga or call 02 6056 4433.