I often get asked this question. What information and evidence do lenders want when looking at a loan application?
Lenders will look at a wide range of information when assessing a loan application, including (but not limited too);
- Employment History (full-time, part-time, casual, length of employment etc)
- Residential Stability (duration & changes to residency history)
- Income (PAYG or self employed?)
- Expenses (spouse, dependents, living expenses etc)
- On-going Commitments (car/personal loans, credit/store cards etc)
- Credit History (a credit check can be done on applicants)
- Actual Property/Security (including location, type, price & valuation of security)
- Deposit/Contributions (your savings/equity available)
Each lender have their own policies and lending criteria, they often lend different amounts and for different purposes - these can constantly change too (which has been the case in recent times due to changes in legislation with investment lending).
At Mortgage Choice, we take a personal approach as everyone will have a different situation, will be after a different outcome, want a different property and/or loan - No Two Sceanrio's are the same.
If you would like a personal approach to your home loan needs, then contact Mortgage Choice today.
Our Wodonga team looks forward to hearing from you soon
To find out more - contact us at Suite 2, 10-12 High St Wodonga or call 02 6056 4433.