TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GAME OF CHANCE
Mortgage Choice Pty Limited (ABN 57 009 161 979, Australian Credit Licence 382869) of 511 Church St, Richmond VIC 3121.
How would you spend an extra $25,000? Apply for a home loan for a chance to win one of two $25,000 prizes.
Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over but excludes the Exclusions.
In these Terms and Conditions, immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
Entry into this Competition commences at 12:01AM AEDT on Monday 12 February 2024 and ends at 11:59PM AEDT on Friday 5 April 2024.
Entry into the Draw is automatic when, during the Entry Period, an Entrant applies for a home loan with a Mortgage Choice Broker, with a loan value of AUD $50,000 or more.
In these Terms and Conditions, Mortgage Choice Broker means a broker that is either a credit representative of either:
Entrants are entitled to enter only once per home loan application, regardless of the number of applicants for that application. For the avoidance of doubt, if two (2) or more applicants apply for one (1) home loan, only one (1) Entry is permitted, and the Entry will be made in the name of the primary applicant.
The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, G13, Amy Close, North Wyong NSW 2259 on Thursday 11 April 2024 at 11:00am AEST in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid Entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
Winners (as defined below) will be notified in writing within three (3) Business Days from the Draw. The notification will be sent in writing (by email) to the email address provided by the Entrants as part of their home loan application.
In these Terms and Conditions, Business Day means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Sydney, Australia.
The Winners (first name, last name initial and city/state of residence) will be published on www.mortgagechoice.com.au and on Mortgage Choice’s social media accounts on Thursday 18 April 2024.
Subject to the unclaimed prize draw, if for any reason a Winner does not claim the Prize by Monday 20 May 2024, then the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner.
Unclaimed Prize Draw
A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on Tuesday 21 May 2024 at the same time and place as the original Draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) Business Days from the unclaimed prize draw and their names will be published at www.mortgagechoice.com.au and on Mortgage Choice’s social media accounts from Friday 24 May 2024.
The first two (2) valid entries drawn will each win a one-off cash payment of AUD$25,000, provided to the Winners in accordance with the Special Conditions below.
Total Prize Pool Value
The Prize will be awarded to the Winner’s nominated Australian bank account by electronic funds transfer (EFT), and each Winner must provide the Promoter with a nominated account name, account number and BSB within two (2) days of being notified as a Winner.
The Promoter will deposit the Prize into the Winner’s nominated bank account within twenty-eight (28) days of the Draw. The availability of these funds may be subject to the processing and clearing times applicable between the relevant financial institutions.
A Winner may be required to sign a letter of authority that authorises the Promoter to deposit the Prize into the Winner’s nominated bank account.
Winners are responsible for providing full and accurate bank details. The Promoter will not be responsible for incorrect details being provided, a banking institution rejecting an EFT payment, or any costs associated with locating any lost monies.
NSW Authority No. TP/ 02259
ACT Permit No. TP24/ 00095
SA Permit No. T24/ 86
The following terms and conditions apply to the Competition:
1. Information on how to enter and the Prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter of the Competition is the Promoter.
3. By entering this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
4. Entry is open only to the Entrants, excluding the Exclusions.
5. This Competition will be conducted during the Entry Period. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the Entry Period will not count towards the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
6. To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the Entry, subject to the Limit.
7. Entry into this Competition is free.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of an Entry and to disqualify an Entrant for tampering with the entry process. The Promoter may disqualify you if the Promoter reasonably believes that an Entrant has breached these Terms and Conditions or has compromised the fair conduct of this Competition by acting unlawfully or improperly. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. All Entries become the property of the Promoter.
10. Incomplete applications will be deemed invalid.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. This Competition is a game of chance.
13. The winners of the Prizes (each a “Winner”) will be the first two (2) Entries drawn electronically in the Draw from all entries received during the Entry Period (unless that Entry is deemed invalid or the Entrant is an ineligible entrant or is otherwise disqualified under clause 8). The result of the Draw is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
14. Winners will be notified in accordance with the Notification.
15. A Winner must claim their Prize within the Claim Period. The Promoter will not be responsible for any delay, loss or damage to the Prize once it has left the Promoter’s or supplier’s premises, or the Promoter’s control.
16. If a Winner is unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions and/or does not claim the Prize within the Claim Period, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct the Unclaimed Prize Draw to distribute the Prize. The first valid Entry drawn will win the unclaimed Prize.
17. The prizes consist of the Prizes, valued at the Total Prize Pool Value.
18. A Winner’s use of their Prize is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier(s) of the Prize (if any).
19. Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for other goods or services. Prizes must be taken as a whole and as stated in these Terms and Conditions. No alternative will be provided, and no compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to take the Prize, unless otherwise stated.
20. The value of the Prizes is correct as at the start of the Competition.
21. If a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification subject to any direction by the regulatory authorities.
22. If an Entrant’s contact details change between the date of Entry and the Unclaimed Prize Draw, the Entrant must notify the Promoter of his/her updated contact details.
23. The Promoter is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to conduct the Competition, publicise the names of the Winners and where Entrants have consented to the receipt of such information, send Entrants marketing, advertising and promotional material.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate or a Mortgage Choice Broker will collect your personal information to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose your personal information to third parties, including but not limited to advertising clients, service providers and prize suppliers.
26. The Winners’ names will be published and retained as required by relevant legislation and as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
27. Entrants can contact the Promoter by mail at 511 Church St, Richmond VIC 3121 or by telephone on 13 77 62 to request access to, or corrections of, the Entrant’s personal information held by the Promoter.
28. Winners consent to participating in an interview once the Competition closes and to the Promoter’s use of their name, likeness, image, picture, voice, statements, testimonials or quotations for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide with no time limit and without any fee being paid to the Winners for this use.
RISK AND LIABILITY
29. Winners participate in this Competition, and use the Prizes, at their own risk.
30. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and the suppliers, agencies and other companies involved in this Competition assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or loss or damage to data.
31. If this Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason (including as a result of technical failures, fraud or causes beyond the Promoter’s control), the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Entrant or cancel, suspend or change the Competition and re-commence it on similar terms, subject to any directions by regulatory authorities.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter, Mortgage Choice Brokers and Mortgage Choice franchisees (including each of their respective officers, employees and agents), each exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
33. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, Mortgage Choice Brokers and Mortgage Choice franchisees, and each of their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents exclude all liability (including negligence) for all loss (including loss of data, unauthorised access to data and consequential loss), damage, expenses (whether that loss, damage or expense is direct or indirect, special or consequential), death or personal injury suffered or incurred arising out of, or in connection with, this Competition (including in relation to a Winner’s participation in this Competition and use of the Prize), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s, Mortgage Choice Brokers’ and/or Mortgage Choice franchisees’ control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of / taking of the Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies the consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) Cth.
34. These Terms and Conditions are subject to the applicable State or Territory trade promotion lottery laws and authorities.